who should be using facebook?
Everyone! You need to be on Facebook if you are an entrepreneur. We don't care about your personal profile page or your aunt's cat, but we absolutely care about if you have a Page and if you're participating in Groups.
Here's what you're going to learn:
- What Makes Facebook Happy
- Why Facebook is #1
- Tactics to Use & Avoid
Facebook is a social networking website dedicated to having people communicate and share information with each other in an easy and entertaining way.
In terms of your business, there is a social feed, the ability to create Pages, Store Fronts, Events, Ads, and Groups. Advertising campaigns have numerous advanced targeting options as well as some dummy-proof beginner templates.
Newer features include Facebook Live Video that can them be converted to dedicated video, scheduling options within the Facebook system for Page and Group posts, and Facebook Stories -- which has been replacing Snapchat.
Facebook Stories allows users to take images or short videos, add filters or playful graphics and texts onto the image or video, and then share with everyone or a select number of people. The images and videos are only available for 24 hours. This is exactly the function of Snapchat.
Making the Algorithm Happy
- Facebook likes posts with lots of likes, comments, and shares (particularly by familiar people)
- Post types that users seem to prefer more than others (e.g., photo, video, or status update)
- Videos uploaded to Facebook
- Posts that are timely or reference a trending topic
- Have a page with complete profile information
- Posts from Pages where the fan base overlaps with the fan base of other known high-quality pages
- False news
- Posts that include spammy links
- Link to outside places (YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, etc)
- Frequently circulated content and repeated posts
- Text-only status updates from Pages
- Posts that are frequently hidden or reported (a sign of low quality)
- Overly promotional content from Pages—pushing people to buy an app or service, pushing people to enter a contest or sweepstakes, posts that reuse the same text from ads